The Pushbullet action allows you to notify iOS, Android & Windows 10 Phone & Desktop devices of a message using the Pushbullet API web service.
The following is a valid action call that can be made when the plugin is loaded. For specific information on each item, see the Pushbullet API. The recipient can either be an email address or a channel tag. If it is not specified or invalid, the note will be broadcast to all of the user account’s devices.
sendPushbulletNote(String title, String message)
sendPushbulletNote(String receiver, String title, String message)
sendPushbulletNote(String botname, String receiver, String title, String message)
sendPushbulletNote("mybot", "[email protected]", "this is the title", "And this is the body of the message")
Creating an account for your bot(s)
The pushbullet accounts are bound to either Google or Facebook accounts.
- Go to “https://www.pushbullet.com/”
- Chose to either “Sign up with Google” or “Sign up with Facebook”.
- Complete the signup process as guided by the pushbullet web site.
- Continue with “Obtaining an API key”.
Obtaining an API key
The API keys are bound to the pushbullet account.
- Go to the pushbullet site.
- Log in with either your personal account or the one you created for your bot.
- Go to “https://www.pushbullet.com/#settings/account”
- Click on “Create Access Token”.
- Copy the token created on the site.
You must at least provide an API token (Private or Alias Key from Pushbullet.com) and a message in some manner before a message can be pushed. All other parameters are optional. If you use an alias key, the parameters (device, icon, sound, vibration) are overwritten by the alias setting on pushbullet.
As of June 2017, free accounts have a limit of 500 pushes per month. This action does not evaluate the rate limiting headers though.
This action has been written without using libraries as jpushbullet or jpushbullet2. Both of those libraries use various libraries themselves which makes integrating them into openHAB a challenge.